Are you a resident of South Elgin looking for an alternative treatment for Alzheimer’s Disease?
What is Alzheimer’s Disease?
Alzheimer's is a type of dementia that causes problems with memory, thinking and behavior. Symptoms usually develop slowly and get worse over time, becoming severe enough to interfere with daily tasks.
Alzheimer's is the most common form of dementia, a general term for memory loss and other cognitive abilities serious enough to interfere with daily life. Alzheimer's disease accounts for 60 to 80 percent of dementia cases. Alzheimer's is not a normal part of aging. The greatest known risk factor is increasing age, and the majority of people with Alzheimer's are 65 and older. But Alzheimer's is not just a disease of old age. Approximately 200,000 Americans under the age of 65 have younger-onset Alzheimer’s disease (also known as early-onset Alzheimer’s).
Alzheimer's worsens over time. Alzheimer's is a progressive disease, where dementia symptoms gradually worsen over a number of years. In its early stages, memory loss is mild, but with late-stage Alzheimer's, individuals lose the ability to carry on a conversation and respond to their environment. Alzheimer's is the sixth leading cause of death in the United States. Those with Alzheimer's live an average of eight years after their symptoms become noticeable to others, but survival can range from four to 20 years, depending on age and other health conditions. Alzheimer's has no current cure, but treatments for symptoms are available and research continues.
Although current Alzheimer's treatments cannot stop Alzheimer's from progressing, they can temporarily slow the worsening of dementia symptoms and improve quality of life for those with Alzheimer's and their caregivers. Today, there is a worldwide effort under way to find better ways to treat the disease, delay its onset, and prevent it from developing.
How do I slow the progression of Alzheimer’s Disease Naturally?
- Stop consuming bad carbohydrates
- Balance omega-6/omega-3 ratio (1.5-4/1)
- Get Vit D levels in range
- Take Vitamin K2-4 and K2-7
- Be mindful of cholesterol lowering drugs
- Supplement with Magnesium
- No copper water or copper in supplements
- Take antioxidant vitamin/mineral supplements (watch the iron and copper)
- Take curcumin/resveratrol
- Elevate Glutathione
- Low Level Laser Therapy (dual head, four 5 mW diodes for a total of 20 mW, 4-9-33-60/ 4-9-33-528)(while doing your goals):
- 1 Minute Prefrontal cortex
- 1 minute cerebellum/atlas junction (for CSF)
- 1 minute occipital lobe
- 1 minute temporal cortex
- 1 minute frontal/parietal junction (vertex of skull)
- 1 minute up the nose (for CSF)
- 1 minute in open mouth (do tongue exercises)
- Avoid brain trauma
- Do not Smoke
- Minimize television and other mindless activities
- Do crossword puzzles/ brain games
- Consume medium chain saturated triglycerides (coconut oil, 1 Tbs/meal)
- Do not retire from work (increases risk 3% per year of retirement)
- Minimize consumption of Anti-cholinergic Drugs
Alzheimer’s Disease Alternative Treatment near South ElginHow do I get started?
The ideal way to start is to schedule a consultation or attend one of our monthly, in-office wellness seminars. You can RSVP by calling our office at 847-888-4770 or visit our Wellness Classes page and sign up in the right-hand column! We look forward to hearing from you and starting down the road to true wellness!